Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Existentialism revival

On that (see above), (or below, actually, isn't it?), one snag I might hit with the project is in living my life as a narrative, because I really, really don't believe that actual real life has one. I read too much Existentialism at too impressionable an age, and it defines me still too much, to think that actual real life has any structure or meaning at all.

So, going about my actual real life, I can't be doing The Project. I suppose I'm spinning raw materials for some sort of storyish thing that could be made up afterwards, but it's not intrinsically a story.

Damn. I really need to go on that $8000 autobiography retreat in Paris. I need to try to write my life as a story and see what it does to it. While of course taking the meta-stance as the philosophers that I am. Who I am.

I suppose this counts as working on the project, by finding out a conflict in it.

No comments: