Tuesday, May 27, 2008

broken record

Over my grumpy weekend I was chatting with a friend back in Australia and I was complaining about how I never get to go out or do anything and wish I was a tourist in this town instead of living here because then I could go out and explore and meet people.

And then I went back and looked at some emails from the last time we were in touch, January, in fact, and in them all I did was complain about how I don't know anyone here and never get to go out and wish I was a tourist becuase then I could go out and meet people but since I live here I can't.

I bore myself, I can only imagine how he's been putting up with me. So, resolved. I vow to go out, to explore, to have more fun (to always think how I could make every situation the most fun possible, like my friend Todd used to do in grad school), to be brave, and to finally discover this town at long last.

No comments: