Saturday, October 18, 2008

Today's accomplishments

To stave off the creeping Sunday block, here is the list of positivity from today.
  • Did manage to get up early
  • Made it to the second-last markets, walked up and down and looked at the produce, bought an area rug for the kitchen
  • Had coffee and read a NY'er at my favorite coffee shop, when it was so crowded there was only one table left for me to choose from when I sat down
  • Listened to a bit of fabulous Saturday NPR radio
  • When I felt my body going south, actually went and got some allergy drugs so I won't end up with an infection (saw someone from work at the drug store, it's happening more often all the time these days), and then didn't push myself to do stuff at home but went back to bed
  • Stretched and exercised the different parts of my body that haven't had specific attention due to the steamroller approach of my latest trainer (he resigned on Friday so I think I get to reassess - what I really want is to lift weights, in a precise way with perfect form, and then look after the brute force cardio and metabolic foolishness on my own. Or maybe, with that emphasis on form and strength, maybe what I really want to be is a ballet dancer?)
  • Turned off the TV and spent a half hour with my guitar, working on strumming patterns (keep the count in your arm so your brain doesn't have to worry about it) and thinking about 7th chords (worked out which ones they all resolve to). Need to work on ringing tones while not squeezing the left hand. Need before that to cut my nails.
  • Made some notes about things to blog about and then blogged about them (see below).
  • Gave up on the conversations of my conservative friends online when they just went off about Michelle Obama ordering lobster from room service. They are all childish hypocrites who just like making fun of things for its own sake, and I don't have time to get embroiled in that level of conversation. Oh, reminds me -
  • Bought an Obama button and wore it while walking around the markets, and also picked up some info about the people running for State Assembly but still don't know what district I live in.
  • Dined on chicken noodle soup (last dinner-like thing in the cupboard, but should also help my respiratory challenges) and a grilled cheese sandwich made out of the fancy 6 year old cheddar left over from fancy wine on Thursday night.
  • And then made a list of positivity so I am not afflicted by block and despair tomorrow when I wake up and can't choose which things to focus on.
Thanks!

No comments: