Sunday, October 12, 2008

Accentuate the positive

Okay, it's not like I haven't noticed it too. Every weekend, whinge whinge whinge, about the boxes, about my bleak life, about my endless to-do list, about how hopeless I am. I'm just as bored as you are. I'm ready to try something different.

How about a list of all the things I did manage to accomplish in a day? There might actually be a bit more narrative to that, as well.
  • Awake before noon
  • Cleaned up living room and dusted
  • Made spaghetti bolognaise, enough for four servings, which will be a good start to the week
  • Practice guitar for a while, played with some of the settings on the amp ("The Fifties" was a cool one, makes me want to download the tabs for some Chris Isaak songs)
  • Washed my black cardigan and laid it out
  • Took a walk to Starbucks and back, stopped off at Walgreens but they won't let you buy pseudoephedrine without the pharmacist there - one stupid worldwide crystal meth cartel ruins things for everyone, I tell you
  • Wrote a blog about thistles
  • Looked at the dry corn stalks against the blue sky and listened to the sound they make, also that they are taller than a person and you can only see about five rows in which is why they're a bit scary and a good setting for suspense movies like North By Northwest
  • Put the dishes away from yesterday
  • Worked out I'm well enough to go on a walk - so probably well enough to go to work tomorrow
  • Made mental plans for an Anniversary Party - actual plans to begin tomorrow
  • Paid my car registration
  • Thought good thoughts about my sister at the time when her plane would be leaving Denver (to LAX, then Auckland, then Christchurch, then McMurdo, then Pole)

No comments: