Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prayer Poem

You are like my guitar.
Colors dark and rich, cut to fit my body.
You are a craft, a practice, a creative endeavour.
Except I am already an expert
we can play fluently, I can already express
myself through you without getting
caught up in technique.

You know time.
I dig you and you go "Yessss".
We hop in cars and just go, baby, go.

You are a wrap of warm bear fur
that I take along so I know
at least one of us will be warm.
You are something from home.

Looking at me via you,
Looking at you,
Standing beside you and looking, you and me, at;
They're all as good
You are endless vistas and beautiful art.

You are young and old,
50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's to today
Encyclopedic. We are wikis of each other.
You are a line from a favorite old movie
That nobody saw but we saw
You are the only other native speaker
of my dialect.

Far away there's a planet, black-
no, blue, with blue rings.
It's a long journey, I lead, but once I arrive,
all the inhabitants of this familiar planet
wear black coats and have orange hair.
It is the coolest planet.

No comments: