Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday night miscellany

Bright, bright sunshine outside at 20 past 6. It does change quickly. This is a freaky place. Second day above 50 deg.
___

B&N has a call button that sounds ljust like the "Fasten Seat Belts" sound on a plane, and inspired in me a little sting of the memory of fear and discomfort and love that you feel on a very long plane trip.
___

The first guy I kissed now works in R&D at Google. The second guy I kissed showed up on Facebook and seems to have had a long career in IT as well.

Actually those were the first guys who kissed me. The first guy I kissed I was about 5 years old and accosted him - he lived up the street. There were five of them, I think - Catholic. Last I heard he was living in a town in the middle of Nebraska and had a gajillion kids of his own.
____

When I was about 12 I made a big list of guys I had crushes on. Eventually it split into real people and celebrities. I keep adding to the list over time. The strangest addition was a guy who worked at a Volkswagen dealership. My parents were having something done to the car and we had to wait in the showroom for ages and ages. He had dark hair, dark eyes (don't they all? I think everyone on the list had roughly the same look - variations on Davy Jones/Paul McCartney). I remember the feeling that the looking at him inspired. It was like a drug. I maneuvered outside the field of his attention, tried to stay an anonymous spy, but looked as much as possible because of that woozy, overwhelming feeling, the feeling that made guys make the list. Looking back this seems really creepy and weird to me, I suppose it was just 12 year old hormones running amok. Stopped keeping a list years ago. But I suppose one still craves the feeling. And one never really learns that the feeling is created by something inside oneself and has little or nothing to do with the poor guy who is it's object, who inspires it.

No comments: