Friday, February 29, 2008

Weather exceeding expectations

Yesterday it had snowed about 3-4 inches overnight, so I had to shovel in the morning (the apartment complex plows hadn't come by yet). It was clear on the drive to work, but snowed off and on during the day. I was getting ready to go by about 4 and people came by and said, "It's snowing again. They said it was going to be warmer this weekend. I'm about ready to be done with this." I didn't get away until about 5:15 and was imagining the scene outside - low visibility, messy snow that tires had to push through on the freeway, traffic, sliding on the ice, a scene of a whole world all the same colour - grey sky, grey snow, darker grey leafless trees.

Instead, when I came out it was actually sunny. No snow had accumulated so I didn't even have to brush my car off. The roads were wet, but clear, and the world had three colours - light blue sky, bright white snow, and the dark brown of the trees between.

The color combination was so beautiful that I wanted to knit something based on it.

Definitely exceeded expectations.

No comments: