Saturday, November 7, 2009

Work not yellow enough

I attended a team-building session at work today that included a profile of my work style. In addition to descriptions of my strengths and weaknesses and preferred communication styles, there was a page that listed the features of Ellen's ideal work environment. Here's what it said that should include:
  • Bright, motivational, inspirational posters and prints abound.
  • She sees the impact and results of her efforts.
  • The culture promotes a democratic management style.
  • Information is openly and freely available and exchanged.
  • There is ample opportunity to express ideas.
  • The emphasis is on informality and tapping in to inner creativity.
  • Her inspirational vision is nurtured.
  • She has freedom from authority and bureaucracy.
  • She can question the ruiles and the traditional ways of doing things.
  • A flexible approach is taken to the specification of hours and days worked.

I'd say these are all true of me.

Not one - not ONE - applies to my current work situation.

(C) Copyright 1992-2009 Andrew Lothian, Insights, Dundee, Scotland. All rights reserved. www.gatehousealliance.com

No comments: